01/11/17 National Open Art Competition Residency

The Bargehouse Heyday Installation was made in response to in-depth research into the history of the site which revealed that the Bargehouse takes its name from Henry VIII's original barge house. In the early part of his reign in the 1520's he lived on the opposite side of the river Thames at the old Bridewell Palace, he kept his 2 river barges Greyhound and Lyon here. The artist created a time cone into which a banner or ensign from one of these barges flew forward into the present day to commemorate the memory.
See TNOAC Residency Gallery HERE ....more